Quimbee is growing! We’re looking to add a full-time visual designer to our core team. This position is 100% remote. All you need is an internet connection and a quiet place to work.
Quimbee has a massive library of digital content designed to help law students and attorneys succeed, every step of the way. Quimbee’s relies on a team of incredibly talented designers to bring that content to life in beautifully designed videos and other learning materials. The designer in this role will primarily be responsible for creating the visuals for Quimbee’s videos—in collaboration with an instructional designer and attorney-editor. But you may occasionally be asked to assist with designing PDFs, social-media graphics, marketing materials, presentation collateral, etc.
Quimbee’s signature style is polished and professional, while maintaining a fun and relaxed look. (For a look at our style, check out a few of our videos here: https://www.youtube.com/quimbeedotcom.) You must be capable of working with Quimbee’s team to take raw ideas and turn them into a polished final product. If you work with us, you will serve as, in effect, a legal educator. Students will rely on the materials you create to prepare for class and exams. This is a position of great trust and responsibility.
Please submit your portfolio and/or reel along with your application.
Who You Are
- An amazing artist and designer: You are a maker, a doer. You create beautiful things that viewers love to look at. Your work is engaging. You’re able to capture visually everything a brand is and stands for, but you can also create images to convey complex ideas in a clear and understandable way.
- A detail-oriented, tech-savvy, self-starter: You’re comfortable with technology generally and eager to learn. You have expert-level proficiency in Adobe’s suite of design essentials, especially Illustrator. You are also familiar with After Effects, even if not an expert. You’re disciplined and motivated, the kind of person who doesn’t need someone looking over your shoulder to make sure you’re doing your job.
- An excellent team player: You communicate clearly, effectively, and politely with your teammates. In fact, you believe in “overcommunicating,” because you understand that lack of communication is the root cause of a dysfunctional team. You thrive on cross-functional teams with colleagues who have different areas of expertise.
- A fun person: You don’t lose your cool. You bring out the best in the people around you. You don’t take yourself too seriously. You can make and take a joke.
Founded in 2007, Quimbee.com is the most widely used and respected legal study aid on the web. With a massive and growing library of case briefs, video lessons, multiple-choice questions, practice exams, and outlines, Quimbee helps its members achieve success in law school and beyond. Quimbee can be accessed on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- B.A. in graphic design, fine art, or a related area
- An incredible design sense
- A kickass portfolio
- Minimum 2 years of professional design experience
- Fluency in English
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A working Mac computer (we use Keynote in our process)
- High-speed internet connection
- M.F.A. in graphic design, fine art, or a related field
- 5 years professional design experience
- Experience creating visuals and graphics for educational materials
- Expected salary: $50,000-$65,000, plus eligibility for raises and profit sharing
- Health benefits
- Unlimited paid time off
- 100% remote work for unlimited flexibility
- Training and support from a fun team