Senior Staff Author
Quimbee is the most widely used and trusted online study aid for law students. Quimbee is seeking to hire a staff author to help grow our massive content library. As a staff author, you must be a master at breaking down difficult concepts and stating them simply. You will be expected to author a wide range of study-aid content, such as scripts, multiple-choice questions, issue spotters, flashcards, and case summaries. In effect, you will serve as a legal educator. You will work collaboratively with Quimbee's editorial team to ensure the highest possible quality standards.
Who You Are
- A smart lawyer: You love the law. You were a star student in law school. You genuinely enjoy reading and dissecting case law. You have a knack for breaking down difficult concepts and explaining them clearly and concisely.
- An outstanding writer: You’re passionate about good writing. In addition to your substantive knowledge, you bring a mastery of grammar, spelling, and style guides. You could teach composition 101 at a top university.
- An excellent communicator: You communicate clearly, effectively, and politely with your teammates. In fact, you believe in “overcommunicating,” because you understand that lack of communication is the root cause of a dysfunctional team.
- A detail-oriented, tech-savvy, self-starter: You’re comfortable with technology generally and eager to learn. You’re disciplined and motivated and the kind of person who doesn’t need someone looking over your shoulder to make sure you’re doing your job.
- A fun person: You don’t lose your cool. You bring out the best in the people around you. You don’t take yourself too seriously. You can make and take a joke.
- JD from a Tier 1 law school
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as an attorney, legal writer, or professor
- Native fluency in English
- Attention to detail
- Strong feelings about the Oxford comma
- Excellent communication skills
- High-speed internet connection
- At least 5 years of experience in legal writing or education
- Graduation at the top of your class
- Journal or law review experience
- Publication history
- Highly competitive compensation plan, including eligibility for raises and bonuses
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health and retirement benefits
- 100% remote work for unlimited flexibility
- Training and support from a fun team